Amr is a highly specialized pediatric physiotherapist, with many years of experience pediatric experience. He obtained his master’s degree in paediatrics from Cairo University. He worked in different outpatient clinics and hospitals specialized in dealing with children and adolescents with physical challenges and different diagnoses. Amr has also been a senior physiotherapist at children’s Cairo University teaching hospital. Throughout this period he was responsible for assessing, treating and reporting various neuro-paediatric, genetic, orthopaedic and cardiopulmonary cases. In addition to teaching intern students the basics of paediatric physical therapy giving theoretical background and practical hands on trainings.
He works in the frame of work of WHO’s International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health (ICF) embracing evidence-based practice and interdisciplinary treatment approaches. He also believes in shared decision making with patient and family centred rehabilitation.
Clinical Trainings/ Certifications include:
- Neuro-Developmental treatment (NDT) approach.
- Suit Therapy, “DUNAG 02” dynamic suit orthosis for rehabilitation of children with neuromuscular disorders.
- The Universal Exercise Unit (UEU), for isolated muscle strengthening and Suspension Therapy.
- Dynamic Suspension Therapy.
- Intensive Therapy and post-operative rehabilitation.
- Gait Analysis.
- Chest physiotherapy for neonates and children.
- Manual therapy.
- Sensory Integration (SI).
- Yoga therapy.
- Aquatic therapy.
- Corrective and Kinesiology taping.
- Conductive Education (CE).
- Play therapy.
- Basic life support.