Speech Therapy Dubai
What is Speech Therapy?
Speech therapy assesses and treats speech disorders and related communication problems (such as voice, fluency, stuttering), swallowing, and feeding problems for all age groups.
Speech Therapists or Speech Language Pathologists (SLPs) assess, diagnose and develop customized treatment plans for children with language and speech disorders and other speech impairments caused by strokes, injuries, or other illnesses.
What Are the Common Speech Disorders?
Numerous speech and language disorders must be treated using speech therapy, including:
- Articulation Disorders – It is the inability of an individual to produce proper sounds of certain words or mispronounce words. Children with articulation disorder often swap, drop, add, or distort certain word sounds.
- Fluency Disorders – This speech disorder affects the speed, flow, and rhythm of the child’s speech, such as cluttering and stuttering. Children with stuttering disorder often face problems with partial-word repetitions, abnormal stoppages, and prolonged syllables and sounds. In cluttering, children speak rapidly and often merge words.
- Voice/ Resonance Disorders –This speech disorder occurs due to the blockage of regular airflow in the oral or nasal cavity that alters the vibrations affecting the volume, pitch, and quality of voice. It is linked to swollen tonsils, cleft palate, and neurological disorders.
- Aphasia – This communication disorder affects the child’s ability to understand and speak with others. Children with this acquired disorder face difficulty in reading and writing. One of the most common causes of aphasia is stroke.
- Dysarthria – It refers to slurred and slow speech due to children’s inability to control speech muscles. This speech disorder is caused by defects in the nervous system that cause weakness of the tongue and thought or facial paralysis.
Why Do You Require Speech Therapy?
Several neurological disorders can affect our ability to speak, chew, and swallow. This is because these disorders affect an individual’s ability to move their jaw, lips, throat, tongue, and larynx. Prompt speech therapy can help you regain these movements and ultimately improve your speech.
If you or your child stutter, repeat or stretch out words while speaking, speech therapists can help overcome your stuttering problems and situational fears.
People with impaired speech resulting from trauma, stroke, or any other brain damage find it difficult to pronounce certain words; speech and language therapy can help you with that by employing appropriate speech therapies.
Individuals with a motor speech disorder (dysarthria) tend to have weak, damaged, or paralyzed muscles that result in slurred and difficult-to-understand speech. Similarly, people with aphasia cannot produce or process language, read, write, or even speak. Speech Therapy help re-train the brain of such people to improve their comprehension and communication skills.
What are the types of Speech Therapy Services Hope AMC offers?
If you have been searching “speech therapy near me” on Google for so long, your search ends here!
Speech-language therapists at Hope AMC are highly skilled and trained. They initially assess and identify speech disorders and develop personalized treatment plans for each patient to improve their speech and language functioning.
Our therapists work with children of all ages (infants, toddlers, preschoolers, and school-age children). Our speech therapy services include the following:
- Childhood Apraxia of Speech
- Speech Sound Delay/Disorder
- Stammering/ Stuttering Intervention
- Accent Modification
- Speech Therapy for cleft lip and palate
- Pediatric Speech Therapy
- Aphasia Speech Therapy
- Feeding and Swallowing Disorder
- Language Delay
- Developmental Language Disorder
- Pragmatic Language Disorder
- Articulation Disorders
- Resonance/ Voice Disorders
- Autism Spectrum Condition
- Cerebral Palsy
- Chromosomal/Genetic Disorders
- Global Developmental Delay
- Hearing Impairment
What happens at the time of Speech Therapy?
Speech therapy starts with an initial assessment in which speech and language therapist attempt to identify the type of speech disorder, its possible causes, and suitable treatment. Speech therapy in Dubai depends on various factors such as age and type of language disorder you have.
- For Children – Speech therapy Dubai for children may take place in small groups, in classrooms, or one-on-one, considering the type of speech disorder. It usually involves varying activities, play, and exercises depending on your child’s age, disorder, and specific needs. During speech therapy for kids, Speech therapists may interact with kids either through playing, talking, or using pictures and books as a part of language intervention. They may also model correct syllables and sounds for children to teach them how to make the right sound.
What are the advantages of conducting Speech Therapy?
Intensive Speech Therapy Dubai helps improve language skills allowing children to communicate effectively and confidently. Some of the other benefits of conducting speech therapy are listed below:
- Improved ability of children to understand and express ideas, thoughts, and feelings
- Enhanced intelligible speech so that people understand your child
- Increased problem-solving skills
- Improved swallowing function
- Improved vocal quality
- Fluent speech
- Improved school readiness skills
- Development of pre-literacy and practical social skills
- Better quality of life
- Improved self-esteem
- Increased independence
- Improved fluency through various breathing exercises
- Enhanced learning of languages through stimulation
Speech Therapy for Children
Children with medical conditions often have speech and language disorders. Some of the medical conditions that make it harder for them to speak include the following:
- Weak muscles around the mouth
- Hearing problem
- Cleft lip or palate
- Vocal nodules/ hoarseness
- Breathing and swallowing disorder
Child Speech Therapy helps children with swallowing and feeding problems. SLPs assist children in developing and improving their verbal communication. Speech therapists also help preschool children learn basic skills like communicating needs and wants. Speech therapy for kids Dubai also helps correct articulation errors and improve overall language skills.
How Hope AMC carries out Speech Therapy?
At Hope AMC, we offer prompt speech therapy Dubai. Our speech therapists carry out a holistic assessment of children’s specific needs before providing any treatment plan. Our experienced and trained SLAs support children by building on their strengths when offering pediatric speech therapy Dubai.
We also offer individual or group intervention and advise parents to help improve their children’s primary speech, language, and communication difficulties. Not only this, our speech and language therapists support parents and carers of the children in carrying out activities at home. Teachers are also advised to implement various techniques at nursery or school.
Our Speech therapists are equipped with substantial experience, training, and certification that enable them to provide appropriate therapeutic approaches and devise tailored intervention plans to cater to the specific needs of children and their families.
Why Hope AMC is the best for Speech Therapy?
Speech and language delays can be distressing for children and their parents as speech delays significantly impact children’s social interaction and personality development.
Hope AMC speech therapists acknowledge this fact and go the extra mile to provide your children with an evidence-based diagnosis and incorporate the best speech therapy in the treatment plan.
We have highly compassionate, experienced, and knowledgeable speech and language therapists on board to provide tailored speech therapy exercises.
If you have noticed any sign of speech delay in your kid, consult our best speech therapists in Dubai and leave all your worries in safe hands.
1. How to book an appointment at Hope AMC for Speech Therapy?
You can book an appointment consultation with our Speech Therapists by simply calling us at (+971-529997075) or (+971 4 346 0066). Or you can reach us at [email protected].
2. What methods do you follow for speech therapy?
Our SLAs employ various techniques and therapies to help children improve their speech challenges. We often implement the following methods:
- Language intervention therapy
- Articulation therapy
- Oral motor therapy
- VitalStim therapy
- Lee Silverman speech therapy (LSVT)
3. Is speech therapy really worth it?
Several researchers have proven the positive impact of intensive speech therapy in improving the speech and language issues of both children and adults.
4. How long does speech therapy take to work?
There are various factors involved in speech therapy that determine the time required for the therapy to work, including:
- Medical comorbidities
- Type and severity of the disorder
- Frequency of therapy sessions
However, the earlier the speech impairment is diagnosed, the quicker the speech therapy progresses.
5. How much time does a speech therapy session take?
The length of the speech therapy is determined by the SLA depending on the patient’s age, health, type and severity of speech disorder, and type and intensity of the therapy employed.
6. How to cure speech therapy disorders?
Several speech impairments do not need any therapy or treatment as they leave on their own over time. However, certain speech issues require proper treatment by a speech therapy specialist. Here, it is to note that speech treatment plan varies depending on the type of speech and language disorder.
7. What precautions should we take for child speech therapy?
Indeed, parenting a child with speech impairment can be emotionally challenging. It is recommended that parents schedule an appointment for intensive speech therapy for children. To prepare him for the scheduled appointment, take the following precautions:
- Tell your children about the therapy and what will happen during the therapy session
- Prepare yourself as well for participating in the therapy
- Avoid setting high expectations and immediate results from the speech therapy of your child
- Practice the speech therapy lessons learned during therapy and implement them at home too
- Give a reward to your child after each therapy session
8. How much does speech therapy cost?
No estimation can be offered prior to the initial assessment of the exact speech disorder. Speech therapy costs depend on various factors like intensity and frequency of therapy sessions, fees of the therapist, type of speaking therapy, and charges of the service provider. In many cases, this cost is covered by health insurance. Before scheduling the session with the speech therapist, check it with your health insurance provider.
9. Which age is considered best for speech therapy?
There is no specific age to go for speech therapy in Dubai. However, once you have identified any problem in the speech of your child or social interaction skills, you must immediately address them. Our SLPs are skilled and experienced in treating patients of all ages.