Nehal obtained her bachelor’s degree in physiotherapy in 2010. She has more than 12 years of experience as a practicing pediatric physical therapist. After graduation, she worked in the field of pediatric physiotherapy treating children with cerebral palsy, down syndrome, rare genetic syndromes, spina bifida, muscular dystrophies, developmental delay, and every syndrome in which orthopedic and neurological problems appear in the pediatric field.
Nehal has been the Head Therapist at “KIDSTREAT- Paediatric Development and Activity Centre in Mumbai– India and has been there for almost 8 years.
Nehal has completed her training in Pretchel’s General Motor assessments and has attended many workshops on early Intervention NICU baby management. She has completed her level 1 and 2 Certification in the concept of Total Motion Release: TMR- TOTS. She is a certified teratogens fitter. Additionally, her interest in understanding neurology motivated her to obtain Certification in Vestibular Visual Connection, Sensory processing disorders, and Sensory Integration certificates to understand the movement and sensory problems of children. She believes in a holistic approach to therapy and is always eager to learn more.
Clinical Training/ Certifications include:
- Total Motion Release TMR-TOTS – Level 1 and 2
- General movement assessment Certification
- Aquatic therapy certification – pediatrics ( WST, BDRS)
- Short course in Early Intervention and feeding difficulties in NICU
- Observership in handling babies and PT and feeding management in NICU
- Neuro-Developmental Treatment training (Paediatrics)
- Handling children with Dystonia.
- The Theratogs Fitter – Level 1 course
- Gait Analysis
- Sensory Processing disorder Mentorship
- Sensory Integration Certification
- Stroke Rehabilitation training, Bo bath, and Adult Hemiplegia
- Vestibular Rehabilitation
- Low vision Rehabilitation
- Pediatric taping
- Therapeutic applications of THERABAND Exercises
- Basic Life Support