Zoë Moosmann graduated from the University of Cape Town in South Africa with a bachelor’s degree in occupational therapy.
She has 10 years of paediatric OT experience. This includes working at a remedial school for children with physical disabilities and learning difficulties; a special school for children with autism spectrum disorder and various sensory integration challenges; a clinic based at a top private mainstream school assisting children with sensory integration, fine motor, and attentional difficulties. Zoe has also worked at a London private OT practice.
Zoe is a certified Ayres Sensory Integration therapist and is passionate about the powerful impact that this has on children. She believes that sensory integration is the essential foundation for functional skills to develop.
Zoe believes in working alongside parents and a multi-disciplinary team to optimise intervention. She has given parent and teacher lectures on how to use sensory integration to improve the focus, learning potential and behaviour of children. She was a research assistant for a paediatric sensory integration doctorate study in 2022.
In her spare time, Zoe has a keen interest in toys in general; creating adaptive toys for children with disabilities; travelling and being physically active.
Clinical Certifications / Trainings includes:
- Certified Ayres Sensory Integration Therapist
- Advanced Assessment and Intervention for Ideation and Praxis
- Miller Assessment for Pre-Schoolers: Assessment and Interpretation
- Workshop on Motor Function
- ASD – Behavioural Management and Treatment Course
- Rehabilitation Centre Wheelchair Seating Course
- Cerebral Palsy Intermediate Seating Principles and Practical Seating Clinic
- Cerebral Palsy Practical Course – Assessment and Treatment
- Fine Motor and Handwriting Workshop
- Certified Basic Life Support
- Licenced Occupational Therapist with Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA)
- Member of Occupational Therapy Association of South Africa (OTASA)
- South African Institute for Sensory Integration (SAISI)
- Licenced Occupational Therapist with Dubai Health Authority (DHA)