For Feeding Therapy, When do I see an occupational therapist and when do I see a speech therapist?

A feeding disorder, in infancy or early childhood, is a child’s refusal to eat certain food groups, textures, solids or liquids for a period of at least one month, which causes the child to not gain enough weight, grow naturally or cause any developmental delays.

For the treatment of feeding difficulties in children, it is always advisable to get assessed by an occupational therapist for any oral motor weakness, if there are any sensory issues or to get assessed by a speech and language therapist, if the child has purely feeding difficulties whose underlying cause is unknown.

By admin | February 22, 2021 | Categories: |
Get in touch

Get in touch