Orthopedic Oncology is a medical term used to describe bone cancer. In the pelvic region and the long bones of the arms and legs, bone cancer can begin in any bone in any part of the body. It is a rare type of cancer, and the cause is still unknown, although hereditary factors and previous exposure to radiation may play a role.
Children diagnosed and treated with cancer of the musculoskeletal system, which includes bones and soft tissues, at Hope AMC are treated with advanced treatment techniques and effective medical approaches. In the Orthopedic Oncology department of Hope AMC, specialists treat pediatric and adolescent patients who suffer from malignant or benign tumors of the bones, soft tissues, and musculoskeletal nerves.
How Is Hope Amc Treating Bone Cancer?
From infancy to adolescence, the Orthopedic Oncology department at Hope AMC provides diagnosis and treatment of soft tissue and bone tumors in children. In children and teenagers or young adults, osteosarcoma is the most common type of bone cancer that occurs in the bones of the legs and arms. Among the most complex types of malignant bone tumors treated at Hope AMC are:
Among the types of bone sarcomas treated are:
- Osteosarcoma and Ewing’s Sarcoma (most commonly diagnosed in young children and adolescents)
- And other types of bone sarcomas
Treatments for Soft Tissue Sarcomas include:
- Epithelioid Sarcoma
- Synovial Cell Sarcoma
- Undifferentiated/Pleomorphic Sarcoma
- Dermatofibrosarcoma Protuberans
- Malignant Fibrous Histiocytoma
- Malignant Peripheral Nerve Sheath Tumor
Treatments for benign bone tumors include:
- Osteoid Osteoma
- Bone Cysts
- Unicameral Bone Cyst (UBC)
- Aneurysmal Bone Cyst (ABC)
Treatments for benign soft tissue tumors include:
- Pigmented Villonodular Synovitis (PVNS)
- Giant Cell Tumor
The above-mentioned conditions are not the only ones that we treat. There are also some non-cancerous bone and soft tissue tumors that are treated, including Fibrous Dysplasia, Ganglion Cyst, Baker’s Cyst, benign bone tumors of the extremities, spine, and pelvis, and pathologic fractures.
Find Out What Some Of The Common Symptoms Of Bone Cancer Are
There is a greater likelihood of recovery from cancer if it is detected early. Your primary care physician should be consulted if you observe these symptoms in your child –
- Any bone that is experiencing acute pain that worsens over time
- Bones, muscles, or surrounding tissue that have visible bumps
- Infections such as respiratory infections are frequent
- Issues with urination, constipation, nausea, and vomiting
- Bone swelling or swelling around the bones
- Legs and arms that are numb
- As a result of bone deterioration, fractures may occur
- Weight loss and fatigue
Orthopedic Oncology Treatment At Hope Amc: Some Important Aspects
Children can experience a variety of bone cancer conditions. Hope AMC tailors treatment plans based on the child’s condition and implements the latest and most effective treatment approaches. Board-certified physicians thoroughly evaluate each patient’s condition. Orthopedic surgeons, neurosurgeons, cardiothoracic surgeons, radiologists specializing in the treatment of bone and soft tissue tumors, radiation oncologists, medical oncologists, and pathologists make up the team of medical professionals.
As part of Hope AMC’s Pediatric Oncology program, our pediatric oncologists are specially trained and experienced in providing compassionate, nurturing, and family-friendly treatment to children and teenagers. The parents are thoroughly informed of their child’s condition and possible treatment options following a careful and precise medical examination. Orthopedic Oncology at Hope AMC provides highly specialized treatment for Osteosarcoma, despite its rarity.
Hope Amc Offers Orthopedic Oncology Treatment Facilities –
- We make it easy and convenient for you to schedule an appointment with our Pediatric Orthopedic Oncology specialists online.
- Parents and family members are provided with a comprehensive treatment plan.
- In order to facilitate the rehabilitation of pediatric bone cancer patients, specialized physical therapy sessions are provided.
- Rehabilitation for pediatric patients with bone cancer following surgery.
- Wellness assistance and family support programs are also included.
- We provide medical assistance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Any age and gender can be affected by cancer of the musculoskeletal system, which can spread very rapidly. Various types of treatment are available for this disease, including surgery, chemotherapy, radiation therapy, or a combination of these treatments.
Once a thoroughly and properly diagnosed condition has been determined, it is always recommended to begin treatment as soon as possible. Never forget that Hope AMC is only a phone call away if you need assistance!
Please contact us at +971-529997075, +971-43460066, or email us at [email protected] if you have any questions or concerns.