Orthopedic oncology is another name for bone cancer. In the pelvis and the long bones of the arms and legs, bone cancer can start in any bone in the body. This is a rare type of cancer with an unknown cause, though hereditary factors and radiation exposure may be primary causes.
Cancers of the musculoskeletal system, which include bones and soft tissues, are diagnosed and treated at Hope AMC using advanced treatment techniques and effective medical approaches. Pediatric and adolescent orthopedists at Hope AMC treat patients with malignant and benign bone, soft tissue, and musculoskeletal tumors.
How Are Bone Cancer Conditions Treated At Hope Amc?
Children of all ages are treated at Hope AMC for soft tissue and bone tumors in the Orthopedic Oncology department. Children and adolescents are more likely to develop osteosarcoma in the legs and arms than adults.
At Hope AMC, we treat the following types of malignant bone tumors:
Bone Sarcoma Types Treated Include :
- Osteosarcoma and Ewing’s Sarcoma (most commonly diagnosed in young children and adolescents)
- And other types of bone sarcomas
Treatments For Soft Tissue Sarcomas Include:
- Epithelioid Sarcoma
- Synovial Cell Sarcoma
- Undifferentiated/Pleomorphic Sarcoma
- Dermatofibrosarcoma Protuberans
- Malignant Fibrous Histiocytoma
- Malignant Peripheral Nerve Sheath Tumor
Treatments For Benign Bone Tumors Include:
- Osteoid Osteoma
- Bone Cysts
- Unicameral Bone Cyst (UBC)
- Aneurysmal Bone Cyst (ABC)
Treatments For Benign Soft Tissue Tumors Include:
- Pigmented Villonodular Synovitis (PVNS)
- Giant Cell Tumor
There are also a number of cancerous bone tumors like Multiple Myeloma, Lymphoma, Metastatic Carcinoma, etc., and non-cancerous bone and soft tissue tumors, such as Fibrous Dysplasia, Ganglion Cyst, Baker’s Cyst, and benign bone tumors of the extremities, spine, and pelvis, as well as pathologic fractures.
Early detection of cancer increases recovery chances. Consult your child’s primary care physician as soon as you notice these common symptoms –
- An acute pain in a bone that worsens over time
- Bones, muscles, or surrounding tissues with visible bumps
- The frequent occurrence of infections like respiratory infections
- Recurring constipation, nausea, vomiting, and issues with urination
- Swelling of the bones or the surrounding area
- Numbness in any region like legs and arms
- Fractures resulting from the weakening of the bones
- Fatigue and weight loss
What Orthopedic Oncology Treatment Procedures Are Followed At Hope Amc
The latest and most effective treatment procedures for bone tumor in leg in Dubai at Hope AMC are followed and implemented, taking the child’s conditions into consideration. We’ve team of certified doctors who thoroughly assess conditions of a child to determine which therapy procedure will be the right one to treat bone and soft tissue tumors.
During the procedure, the child and the child’s family need compassion and need a detailed explanation of the conditions after any extensive and meticulous medical assessment. Our orthopedic oncology therapists provide highly specialized therapy for lump on child’s shin bone Dubai
Why Consult Orthopedic Oncology Therapists At Hope Amc?
- Easily book Pediatric Orthopedic Oncology appointments online.
- Parents and family members are presented with a comprehensive treatment plan.
- Rehabilitation after surgery for pediatric bone cancer patients.
- Pediatric bone cancer patients receive specialized physical therapy sessions.
- Support programs for families and wellness assistance are also available.
- Providing medical assistance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Any age and gender can develop musculoskeletal cancer, and it can spread rapidly. There are various types of treatment for the same, including surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation therapy. Following a thorough and proper diagnosis, treatment should be started at the earliest opportunity. We’re just a phone call away at Hope AMC!
If you have any questions or concerns, you can call +971-529997075 or +971-43460066, or you can email [email protected]