Building therapy/skill practice into your child’s daily routine can be a difficult task. It takes time, effort, and dedication to ensure that your child is receiving the most out of their therapy and skills practice. Luckily, there are some tips that can help make the process easier and more successful.
1. Establish a routine. A routine can help ensure that your child’s therapy and skills practice is consistent and frequent. Establishing a routine will also help keep your child motivated and focused.
2. Break up the practice session into manageable chunks. Breaking up the practice session into smaller chunks will make it easier for your child to stay engaged and motivated throughout the session.
3. Make it fun. Incorporate some of your child’s favorite activities into the session to make it more enjoyable.
4. Praise your child. Positive reinforcement is key to helping your child stay motivated and interested in the practice session.
5. Set realistic goals. Setting realistic goals will help ensure that your child is making progress.
6. Monitor progress. Keeping track of your child’s progress will help you better understand their progress and adjust the practice session accordingly.
7. Reward your child. Rewarding your child for their hard work and dedication will help keep them motivated.
Hope AMC can help build a successful therapy/skill practice routine into your child’s daily routine. Our team of experienced therapists provides evidence-based therapy and skills training tailored to your child’s individual needs. We offer in-person and virtual sessions, making it easy to fit therapy into your child’s schedule.
We also have a variety of fun activities to help engage and motivate your child. Our team will work with you to ensure that your child is progressing and meeting their goals. Contact us today to learn more about how Hope AMC can help build a successful practice routine into your child’s daily routine.